Today is a momentous occasion unlike any other. It is Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s 83 birthday.
Justice Ginsburg, or as many like to call her Notorious RBG, is known for not only championing women’s rights and marriage equality but using common sense language to do so. It thus only seems right to share some of the top 7 moments where she did just that.
1. Ginsburg on laws that “protect” women:
2. Ginsburg’s views on marriage equality:
3. When Ginsburg was asked what the Supreme Court should like:
4. Some of Ginsburg’s choice words in regards to the striking down of certain sections of the Voting Rights Act:
5. When Hobby Lobby didn’t want to provide birth control as part of their health plan for their female employees:
6. When people argued against same-sex marriage because it isn’t “traditional”:
7. Ginsburg on government controlling women’s bodies: